Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Snapple Fact #91: Squids Can Have Eyes the Size of a Volleyball

How about a little rimas to brighten your day. Or make it grayer, this isn't a happy poem.

Wandering

Purgatory is a gray
That exists for no one
And brings decay
For lifeless souls.

A heaven of shade
For those who want sun;
The gluttonous weigh
Nothing, thin as a pole.

Offense are repaid
By old and young.
Decrepit bodies in disarray
Wandering on roads of coal.

It started as a poem about Hades for a Demeter and Persephone prompt, but it ended as purgatory from Dante's Divine Comedy. It's another rimas dissalutas. I don't know what it is, but poetry with limitations helps me write. Even though it's frustrating when I can't write whatever I want, the limitations help me think outside the box. When I can write whatever I want willy nilly my poems sound silly (see im such a little poet). The limitations force me to be creative. Yay creativeness!
My mom is in a really bad mood. Whenever people in my family are in bad moods, they take it out on everyone else and then it spreads until the whole house is filled with animosity. It's very saddening. And it's little things that drive us crazy. For instance, I am mad that my sister finished my box of popcorn. First of all it's mine. My box. My popcorn. It's all mine. I love popcorn it's really good. Second she didn't put it on the grocery list after she finished it so I could buy more. Third of all it belongs to me. It says my name. Well not really. But it is my popcorn so she should not be eating it. And it's really good popcorn. It has never burned and it's not a really big bag, it's the perfect snack size. I highly recommend it.
I'm working on the anger thing. I truly am, but it's hard. Lesson of the day: there are a lot of people who suck.
On a lighter note, well there is nothing that I have to share that would be on a lighter note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home