Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Snapple Fact #117: The Starfish Is the Only Animal That Can Turn Its Stomach Inside Out

I wrote a poem in creative writing today, but it's not worth posting. I'll revise it some day, but not right now. The reason I am even bothering to write about a poem you won't hear is because even though I have not finished the poem, I have found a new favorite word! You see, my poem is about silly words with silly definitions and words that are silly sounding, so I opened the dictionary to a random page. Guess what word I saw first? I bet you can't. Jabberwocky. Is that not the coolest word? And it just so happens that it means nonsensical speech or writing. It fits my poem perfectly, because my poem itself is about jabberwocky. I think that's cool. By the way, it is okay if you want to say Jabberwocky out loud right now. Just make sure no one else is in the room. Jabberwocky. It just rolls off the tongue. Try it! In fact, even if there are people around you. Say it. It's fun! Jabberwocky. It sounds annoyingly lovable. So even though it is bad that my poem is still in the works, life is good because now I can use the word jabberwocky in my writing and in every day life. I can just hear me now: "I cannot understand your jabberwocky writing"or "Among my many quirks, jabberwocky speech is top on the list." I hope I am using them right, please inform me if I am not. If I am, I would be really very excitied. Now, I think I will conclude this jabberwocky blog entry and focus my attention on another exciting aspect of my life. Oh, just one more time... JABBERWOCKY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home